How a 77 yr outdated turned the primary Filipino to journey the world?
On the age of 77, Odette Aquitania Ricasa turned the primary Filipino to have the ability to journey to all 195 international locations on this planet, 193 of that are acknowledged by the United Nations, whereas the opposite 2 are non-members: the Holy sea and the State of Palestine.
Earlier than the pandemic began in 2020, she was solely 5 international locations in need of reaching her purpose. These international locations are Sudan, Chad, the Central African Republic, Libya, and Iraq.
Lastly, on the twenty fifth of August 2022, after being held for 2 years due to the pandemic, Ms. Ricasa completed the purpose of many vacationers – to journey to each nation on this planet! She arrived in Kurdistan, Iraq, on Thursday, making it the final nation on her listing.
Total, she has been to 301 international locations and territories, together with islands! Even these islands that aren’t identified by many, together with Robinson Crusoe islands, Lakshadweep islands, Andaman Nicobar islands, and extra!
How It All Began
Ms. Ricasa relies in Los Angeles, California and he or she began the journey of touring the world within the yr 1980. She shared that some international locations, together with Russia, had very strict guidelines concerning tourism throughout these instances. Nonetheless, that didn’t cease her from exploring an increasing number of international locations.
Memorable Journey Experiences
Ms. Ricasa has two passports – the Philippines and the US. She primarily makes use of her US Passport, however she talked about that in some circumstances, utilizing her Philippines passport is good.
One in all these circumstances goes to Africa. Each US and Philippines passport holders want a visa with the intention to journey to this continent, however utilizing her US passport requires extra paperwork than utilizing her Philippine passport.
When requested what had been a few of her unforgettable experiences in her greater than 40 years of touring, she mentioned there have been so much, however her go to to Sierra Leone and the Democratic Republic of Congo, each African international locations, are unforgettable. The mentioned international locations are usually not in style locations for vacationers, and through her go to, she was alone. However because the saying goes, ‘You could do the factor which you suppose you can’t do.’ And he or she did; she conquered Africa and the remainder of the world!
She additionally talked about that after they arrived in Libya simply this yr, they felt like they had been VIPs as there was a variety of safety escorting them. However this type of distinctive expertise is what motivates her to journey extra.
In her 4 a long time of touring, 80% of these is her touring alone, whereas the remainder 20% is a gaggle tour (which she joined when she was only a newbie within the journey world)—speaking about bravery, ardour, and enthusiasm!
Ms. Ricasa is certainly journey skilled as she can be a member of the Vacationers’ Century Membership, A membership that solely permits these individuals who have been to 100 or extra international locations!
Furthermore, she’s additionally an lively member of the Philippine International Explorers journey neighborhood, and he or she heads the US West Coast chapter, doing this whereas touring.
Except for being a traveler and the primary Filipino to journey the world, she can be an writer of 6 books, an artist, a motivational speaker, and a pianist.
She talked about that having her e-book was truly not her concept. It was early 2000, and he or she was in Spain writing her journey experiences in her journal – “With all of the international locations and cities I’ve been to, it’s unimaginable for me to recollect them, that’s why I write them in my journal.”, non-verbatim assertion of Ms. Ricasa.
Her good friend, who was together with her at the moment, instructed her, “Why don’t you write a e-book as an alternative?” That assertion gave her the concept to write down a journey e-book and share her experiences on the street. Her books are all accessible on Amazon.
Ms. Odette Aquitania Ricasa’s journey expertise is likely one of the inspiration of many vacationers, not solely Filipinos, however foreigners as properly.